Sunday, February 12, 2006

You're vs. Your. Learn it. Live it. Spell it Frickin' Right

Call me crazy, but I hate it when people confuse "you're" and "your." And I see it everywhere. Are people just lazy? Is putting in the apostrophe and the "e" just too many keystrokes? I'm sorry, I just don't have the patience for this kind of sloppiness anymore.

Your: A pronoun meaning belonging to you.
You're: A contraction for You Are.

Example:

Vice President Cheney, next time you're out hunting , if you're unsure of your target, you may want to make sure you're aiming at something other than one of your buddies. On the other hand, Bambi, Thumper, Donald and Daffy truly appreciate your myopia.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

SNORT!!!!

YOU'RE so funny!

Anonymous said...

Lizzard,
This is very funny, although being a Lutheran, I struggle a bit to conquer correct pronunciations.