Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Like a Fish Needs a Bicycle

I don’t want a mobile phone with a camera. I want a phone that’s used primarily to make and receive calls. Is that too much to ask? Apparently Verizon thinks so.

I went to replace my phone yesterday and found that 99% of the new models come with cameras. Look, I’m happy with my digital camera, and I don’t need a pimped out phone with a bunch of extra appliances. Even if I had the option, I wouldn’t want a phone with a blender or a coffee maker or a hair dryer. Okay, maybe a hair dryer.

And I don’t intend to check email, do a Google search or watch The Godfather on a screen that’s smaller than a packet of sugar. I just want to call other people and have other people call me. What I really need is a couple of tin cans with a virtual string.

Hey Verizon, can you hear me now?

7 comments:

ZZiby said...

Talk to Rose she found one of those prototype phones at Verizon. I think it was in the back room of the shop next to the 8-track player.

Liz said...

Hahahaha! Okay, so I'm showing my age.

Dott Comments said...

I tried to make a call recently using a cell phone that was not mine.

I never could place a call but I got a nice photo of my knees.

Liz said...

LOL! I've finally just stopped locking myself out of my phone. And I couldn't even call a locksmith for help.

Anonymous said...

And don't the salespeople look at you like you're crazy?
Amen, sister...

Liz said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Liz said...

Yeah, and they all had these giant power tool phones strapped to their belts. Apparently size matters.